Friday, March 12, 2010

Post #8 Aha Moments!

This semester I have had numerous Aha moments. I have really learned how to practically apply technology that I knew about but had not used much before. One Aha came when I was finally able to understand wikis. I knew about wikis, but did not see how they could be useful in the classroom. After creating one of my own, it all was clear to me. Another Aha was with Jing. When I created my Jing presentation I stated to think of many ways that Jing could be used in the classroom and I am still getting ideas. I loved how easy it was and the product is exciting. One common thread among these Aha moments has be the fact that we were able to create and try these applications. Making them for myself has done so much more that reading about them could ever do. This reminds me how important the hands-on approach is in teaching. Students (and teachers) learn best when they are able to “do”. In the future, I hope to apply most of these new technologies in the classroom in meaningful ways. I really want my students to be able to use technology for a purpose. I am thankful to have had these experiences in ETEC 524 because they have changed my thoughts on technology drastically.

No comments: